We LOVE ImpressArt Metal Stamps products! We also love Designer Craft Connection (DCC) web ring! When you combine these two with the help of the wonderful Theresa Cifali you get a well organized fantastic blog hop! Special thanks to Julie McGuffee. I am so happy to be a participant.
Those of us designers participating in the ImpressArt Metal Stamp blog hop were sent wonderful materials and tools with which to create projects. I don't know about you but free quality tools and materials always gets my attention.
As if the blog hop and all the cool free projects were not enough, ImpressArt Metal Stamps is having a big give away in conjunction with the blog hop! To enter for a shot at the grand prize CLICK HERE and follow directions
HAMMERED HEART EARRINGS
Skill level: Easy
Time to make this project: 2 hours
ImpressArt Alphabet Stamp Set, Newsprint, lowercase (letter X and letter O)
ImpressArt Design Stamp, Heart Stamp
ImpressArt Metal Stamping Blanks, (large seashell shape)
ImpressArt Metal Stamping Hammer
ImpressArt Steel Stamping Block
Two large grey coin pearls, eighteen 12mm freshwater potatoe pearls. six smokey topaz center drilled 30mm brioletts, twelve faceted red chinese crystal rhondeles, ten round facted 4mm smokey topaz beads, fourteen ball end 30 gauge silver headpins, two sterling silver fish hook ear wires. One three inch piece of 22 gauge silver tone wire. Other tools: Round nosed pliers, wire cutters, and manuel hole punch.
1) With flat edged end pointed up, place one of the seashell shapes on the block. Align the first "X" stamp on the shape, top center. Use the flat head of the hammer and stamp a vertical line of XO's and hearts down the center of the large seashell shape to lower center edge. These symbols stand for you know what: hugs kisses and love! Repeat on second shape.
2) Next place one of the stamped shapes onto the ImpressArt Metal Stamps stamping block. Use ball end of hammer and hammer the edges and the entire surface of seashell shape. Hammer over the kisses and hugs and hearts. This will not ruin your XO's and heart stampping. Repeat on second seashell shape.
3) Use the small end of the manual hole punch to make holes.
4) On a headpin string one Topaz round bead, on Topaz briolett and one freshwater potatoe pearl. Make six.
5) On a head pin string one round topaz bead, two red crystals,and three fresh water potatoe pearls. Make four.
Now you have your lower dangles in place.
6) On one of the 3" sections of wire, make a loop and wire wrap to the hole top center on the seashell shape. String on one red chinese crystal, make a second loop and attach to fish hook ear wire. trim. Repeat on second earring.
7) On a headpin string one red crystal, one large coin pearl and another red crystal. Make two.
Image shows the placement of the coin pearl attached to the top loop of the wire which attaches the shape to the earwire. This creates a top dangle dropping down, swinging free, creating more movement and light catching shimmer. Repeat this step on second earring.
Please notice how red and pink the seashell shapes look. They almost look like copper in this shot. This phenomenon is one of reflection not surface treatment. While I was taking photos of the finished earrings I had on a red shirt! It is simply my red shirt reflecting in the white metal. If you'll go back to the beginning of this post and look at the first picture of the earrings, notice the earring on the left is turned slightly away. So in this image the left earring is reflecting the green grass and the other my red shirt. The colors though misleading as far as typing the metal visually but certainly make for a nice image.
Thank you againImpressArt Metal Stamps! Please stop by all the designers to get a great idea of wonderful ways to use and create with these tools and materials!